Sunday 27 November 2011

Small game for start.


   It's hard to find some free time lately. School, filling papers for university and SKYRIM takes much time. But I have found one weekend (kinda), and wanted to try something new. So I found this engine, well "re-found" actually, because it was mentioned in a book about 3D games creating, that I bought long time ago. So this engine: 3D rad, simple and free stuff. After playing with it for a bit, I came to conclusion, that it's best fitted for racing games. And then various ideas came to my head. I'll make a racing game. Sci-fi one, probably with shooting, something similar to "Star Wars Racer" or "Safari Biathlon Racer". Also I'm planning to add a little storyline in Achar galaxy (C.O.G. and G.S.G. clashes) for more interesting gameplay. Everything is in plans of course and there is little hope to be done, but there is goal.  Today I made a small racing game. it has no menu or something, just a small circuit and 3 opponents to race with without any objective. It was made for learning purposes, but it's fun thing to play too : ) I called it "TOKS kietas game" which means: such an awesome game. That was first words that came into my head when I needed to compile this thing.

You can download it  here!

If you're running vista/7 it's likely that you'll need this and this.

4 comments:

  1. Heh, I guess, I'm the only person, who haven't played Skyrim yet :D

    Though, it's nice to see you still making something.

    Well, I tried your game, but if you call something a game, it definetely needs a goal. Now I can drive forever, but it's kinda fun at least, at the beginning ;)

    Have you made all the assets yourself ?

    Btw, not that I'm still interested in game development myself, but I'm keep noticing everybody are using Unity3D for their games. So, what are your reasons not to use it ?

    Lastly, what happened to the adventure game spirit of yours? Will there be a sequel to Roger's Quest ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, all assets were in engine.

    Probably the main reason why I don't use Unity is that everyone uses unity...Heh, maybe I should start too, it seems that 3D rad wasn't made for long projects.

    Roger's Quest II, well let's say that it needs more time than I thought, so it's currently on hold, though another adventure game, connected with Roger's Quest II, is in development, maybe I'll post some info about it in few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paziurejau...
    Seijp as esu tokios nuomones kad su wizardais ir ten vien visokiais toolsais gali sukurti tik eiline shtampofke. Originaliame projekte vistiek neissiversi be programavimo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3d RAD? I tried it like... 8 years ago :) for a (yes, you guessed it) racing game :)

    It's not bad, but it looked quite limited.

    You should definitely try Unity! The fact that everyone (in Lithuania :) ) uses Unity is a good thing! You can actually get help if you get stuck :)

    ReplyDelete